The periodical Digital Presentation and Preservation of Cultural and Scientific Heritage. Conference Proceedings presents scientific papers including original theoretical as well as application contributions to the subject areas: information technologies and informatics with applications in digital culture and open science.
This is a peer-reviewed periodical, publishing one regular issue per annum and some additional special thematic issues with selection of extended papers from the DiPP conference workshops.
Submitted papers should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication. After a paper has been accepted, the authors must sign a warranty and copyright transfer agreement. Accepted papers are published in printed and on-line versions and have the open access status.
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished research and project papers that are not (and will not be) simultaneously under consideration for publication elsewhere.
General areas of interests include (but are not limited to) the following topics:
- Digital libraries, e-archives, repositories, virtual museums, e-exhibitions and encyclopedias of cultural heritage
- Virtual reconstructions and interactive multimedia solutions for museums, theaters, concert halls, exhibitions, etc.
- Restoration and preservation of tangible and intangible cultural heritage
- Acceleration and facilitation of the sharing and exchange of research data
- Issues of the protection of intellectual property: determination, accreditation and management of rights to digital content
- Documentation, visualisation and interaction in museums and archives
- e-Infrastructures for digitised scientific heritage. Open access to digitised cultural and scientific heritage
- Digital libraries and aggregators for transfer of digitised wealth within the European and global digital environment
- Semantic processing of cultural heritage knowledge. Techniques for extracting digital data and knowledge
- Use, efficiency and design of interfaces for applications in cultural heritage. Multilingualism
- Interactive systems in cultural and creative industries
- Educational applications of digital libraries with cultural and scientific content. Serious games and digital storytelling in cultural heritage
- Digitalisation of cultural heritage and economics of cultural tourism